Phillips after 5 just celebrated 10 years of after hours “artful evenings! Keith Costas, The Phillips Collection’s Director of Special Events, shared some of his favorite moments with us.
Did you know:
- That when we first started Phillips after 5 we did it every Thursday in August. 3 in a row!
- It was called Artful Evenings.
- We’ve had 130 P@5’s 93,333 total attendance
- Requires a dozen volunteers staff each event
- Before we went to a ticketed reservation system there was a line all the way to Q St and in front of the Embassy of India
- There have been countless marriage proposals
- “Vampires vs Zombies” Washington Ballet at THE ARC- Excerpts from Michael Pinks “ Dracula”- Young dancers performing Michael Jackson’s Thriller!
- “Seeing Red” Red Heads Get in Free during Van Gogh
- Silent Disco
- Punk Band ‘Loud Boyz’ in the Auditorium
- Speed Friending
- Sailing Regatta
- Food Truck Fiesta
Most moving and meaningful
- April 4, 2011: Support Japan, Give with the Phillips, after the Tsunami in Japan we partnered with the Red Cross to raise money for the victims, setup a quiet gallery with some of our Japanese works of art for remembrance and reflection.
Check out a few of our favorite shots over the years